We really do like being home working on our projects or
chillin’ around town. BUT, sometimes we girls (and Parker) need to get into a little
trouble. We decided we really needed to “go to town” once a week. So, the first
thing we did was head to the big city of Tyler and buy a zoo membership. Tyler
really is a neat town with a lot to offer, we hope to visit the Discovery
Science Center soon. I also spotted a little community theater that I can’t
wait to visit. They have some beautiful parks and of course lots of trouble ….a
mall AND a Target. (On a side note: I haven’t been in a Target in like 5
weeks!!!)
One thing we like about the Caldwell Zoo is that it is
small. It only takes about an hour and a half to see the whole thing. Since it
is so hot outside we get there right at opening and we are done by 10:30 so we
can seek a/c! I would complain about the ridiculous hills at the zoo, but the
truth is that I need the exercise! I plan our route to attack the mountain
right at the beginning of the morning. Since I am pushing both kids in the
stroller I consider it to be a full workout, lol!
Here we are ready to go...
Parker is such an outside boy! He hardly complains at all,
just chillin’ in the stroller. I love everything about this little sweetie pie, especially how easy going he tends to be. (and his nack for making funny faces)
We love the bears the best of all because they are always
playing and being silly. I was going to post the picture of what they did next, but I didn't want to be tacky. Let's just say they were "wrestling".
The tortoises are so fun! I think the FW zoo has some, but these are neat because there is a whole family of them.
This zoo has all the big “musts”; elephants, giraffes,
lions, tigers, bears. It also has some really cool stuff like meerkats and
penguins.
Addison loves to feed these
crazy fish!
The funny thing about these birds is that Addison LOVED them the first time and has acted terrified of them every other time???
Lastly, my sweet girl has been starting a new "thing". She loves to have her picture taken by any and all beautiful flowers. I love her...just really really love her.
Life is good my friends and we are enjoying it!
No comments:
Post a Comment